Toroko (Tontako in Italian Dub)
Ichiro Okinoshima (Manager)
|Actor(s) / Actress(es)||
|Voice Actor(s) / Actress(es)|
|List of Characters|
Tomoko Nomura (野村 朋子, Nomura Tomoko) is a student of the Holy Forest Academy and attends Class 3-4 who initially appears messing up (accidentally) one of Miyabi Aizawa's plans to get Eikichi Onizuka fired, which leads her to be kicked out from Miyabi's clique.
Tomoko also knows about the tragic explosion incident done by Urumi Kanzaki in their elementary school years this is due to Ms. Fujimori angrily exposes Urumi's secret to her classmates. She is also seen with Kikuchi and Murai when Onizuka tries to find Azusa Fuyutsuki.
In Episode 27 and 28, Tomoko enters the Glossy Princess Contest done by the MGCP to make her in the Weekly Shonen Magazine. However her winning was soon disrupted when fellow model and actress Megumi Hoshino and the group from Warning Productions are behind the cheating scheme such as stealing her bathing suit for the photo shoot, exposing the address to the Nomura's residence, and lastly, some postcards are written by Onizuka, her manager and all others to vote Tomoko but the name Megumi Hoshino was written on the back. The audience and most people hate Megumi for her cheat once they find out her manager and the production company are behind the cheating scheme and they call her a fraud. But they know Tomoko is the real winner of the contest as all the audience who watch the contest walks away when Megumi is about to speak about her cheat win and they go to Tomoko's residence to support Tomoko.
Tomoko is last seen with her manager, who rounded up the media to expose the Ministry of Education group about the conspiracy between their former homeroom teacher and Miyabi's late best friend, Mizuki.
A side-story in the manga features Tomoko and her manager, also called GTO, only it stands for Great Tomoko Oppai (Oppai meaning breasts). In it, Tomoko's manager embarks on one very madcap adventure to save her from her dubious producers.
- The name Tomoko means "friend" (朋) (tomo) and "child" (子) (ko).
- Tomoko's surname Nomura means "field" (野) (no) and "village" (村) (mura).
- Tomoko was born on September 25th, 1985 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Tomoko has a large chest (her cup size is F), kinda over-size for her age. She's not the brightest crayon in the box, leading to people nicknaming her Toro-ko (Toro meaning "slow" in Japanese, so somehow a way to involve her clumsiness; she is called Slo-mo-ko in the English version).
- People often take advantage of her or make fun of her slowness and clumsiness. However, Eikichi Onizuka promptly takes the girl under his protection.
- Onizuka makes Tomoko join a beauty contest, in which she loses, but she was discovered for her talent and looks where she he eventually became a model and later actress, a very much appreciated one.
- Tomoko was friends with Urumi Kanzaki since childhood, and their close bond likely arose out of their opposite personalities (Tomoko is clumsy and rather docile with a heart of gold, compared to Urumi's intellect and potential to be savagely cruel). Her natural hair color is brown and in later episodes she dyes her hair to auburn when she becomes a model and actress.
- Tomoko has a hobby of collecting Barbie dolls and Gundam models.
- Tomoko dreams of collecting the most dolls in Japan, and to become a beautiful and good wife for her "special someone".
- Great Tomoko Oppai
- Assuming GTO starts in 1997, the first year it was published, this would make her 12 during the events of the manga, not 14.
- Great Tomoko Oppai